Home Blogs Information Technology FACULTY AND STAFF IMPACT: UPCOMING CHANGES TO TECHNOLOGY AT SOUTHERN
Hello SCSU Employees,
After much anticipation, we will be migrating your email account to the cloud. We have already moved the entire IT team to the cloud-based email last week and I’m confident that this process will be a smooth transition for all of us. After the migration, you will have 50 gigs of email quota! The migration process will start on Friday, January 8, 2016 at 3:00pm and continue until Monday, January 11th at 6am. Here’s how it works…
During this transition process
- If you use the Outlook software on your PC or Mac, you will probably receive a prompt that your administrator has made a change.
After the transition process
- If you use the the Outlook software on your computer, the software should automatically understand the new cloud email and make the appropriate changes autonomously.
- If you use the web version of Outlook (OWA), your username for the system will now include @southernct.edu.
- Your password will not change as a result of this email migration.
- If you get your SCSU email on your phone or mobile device then it will most likely stop receiving SCSU email. You need to go in to the mail preferences of the account and change some settings. The domain field should be blank and the username should be changed to include your full email address. Using me as an example, all I did was change my username from valsamisn1 to email@example.com.
Please, reach out to the Help Desk if you have any questions. We are happy to walk you through the process over the phone or in-person.